We Have Everything Covered
We’re open year-round and every season offers fresh air and wide-open spaces for you to relax in and explore.
The season of renewed energy and a great time to take in one of our private or group mind body and soul retreats. We also offer gardening classes for the hobby farmer or little green thumbs in partnership with Robbins Family Farm.
Ask us for more information!
Lay down your bag and breathe deeply. There are endless day trips on your doorstep and long summer nights to relax into.
Visit Gros Morne National Park, explore the farms of Cormack, or unwind by Rocky Brook.
Autumn brings farmers markets, fresh produce, and is one of the best times of the year to take a hike in Gros Morne National Park or the Bay of the Islands. All against a backdrop of spectacular fall colours.
The snowy season might just be our favourite! Rocky Brook Acres is located minutes from Western Newfoundland’s vast network of groomed snowmobile trails. If a quiet, self-propelled day is more your speed, spend the day on our farm sliding, ice-skating, snowshoeing and cross-country skiing. Either way, it’s always fun to end the day with a shed party or a dip in our hot tub.
Within 10 Minutes - Cormack
- Enjoy your own container garden or visit our on-site greenhouse planted for your enjoyment. Here you’ll find an assortment of veggies and salad greens. Help yourself while you’re staying with us, but be sure to leave some for other guests!
- Take a dip in our freshwater brook or sit and read a book while you listen to the rush of the falls.
- Go for a rambling walk on our farm trail.
- Visit our on-site petting zoo and say hi to the bunnies, ducks, chickens, goats, a pig, a dairy calf and Newfoundland pony.
- Gather some wood for a campfire around one of our on-site fire pits. They’re spaced around our property to allow for social distancing.
- Borrow one of our bikes and explore Cormack’s intricate network of winding bi-roads. There’s 25 km of back roads to take you away from the main traffic so you can breathe in the fresh air and see the community’s colourful red barns against acres of rolling farmland.
Visit The Upper Humber Settlement’s Honesty Market for a daily selection of fresh eggs and produce on their roadside stand. Drop your money in the box for the prices marked - honest to goodness!
The Cormack Farmers Market on Route 430 makes its own fresh cream, butter and a selection of homemade jams and pickles. They also stock Cormack’s fresh farm product and you can treat yourself to a bunch of fresh flowers from their floral department.
If you’re traveling with kids (or are a big kid yourself!) you’ll want to stop by Funland Resort water park for a slide on their 200-foot water slide, a dip in the pool, or a game of mini-golf. If you’re hungry after your swim you can refuel at the Cormack Poutinerie.
8th Day Acres goat farm and creamery makes delicious goat cheese! You can get your favorite flavours at The Upper Humber Settlement’s Honesty Market or the Cormack Farmers Market. Ask about our Goat Cheese Making Experience!
Go salmon fishing at Big Falls Sir Richard Squires Park. Experience world-class salmon fishing on the mighty Humber River where over 30,000 Atlantic salmon migrate upstream to their spawning grounds each year. Our experienced guide will ensure you the trip of a lifetime!